Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Not again... #JusticeforLondon

As I am just beginning to wind down from Kelli Stapleton's sentencing and trying to focus my advocacy efforts on more "positive" things... another beautiful autistic child was taken from this world by his own mother.

Image is of a fair skin 6 year old boy who is smiling, wearing a brown wide brim hat
London McCabe, 6 yrs old...

SIX YEARS OLD

His mother threw him from the Yaquina bridge in Oregon into the freezing river.


And then called police to tell them she did so.



But I'm supposed to have compassion for her, they say.
I am supposed to not be angry with her, they tell me.
I am supposed to not be angry with people who have compassion for her, because she had shoes I haven't walked in... shoes are important you know.
 

But I AM angry and I have NO compassion for his murderer... and I do not apologize for that.

All I keep thinking about is him scared, confused, cold, screaming, falling, wet, possibly drowning, and dying.

Then  you have her, who so smugly called the police after the fact, when she could have so easily called before taking his life. But, she didn't call before because she didn't want anyone to stop her.

I only feel compassion for London... my heart aches only for him.

He was a beautiful young soul, full of life and his mother stole that from him.

There are no excuses for killing a child, any child.

And if you are one of the ones who continues to make excuses for the murderers and abusers of disabled people, then you  have become complicit with these heinous acts.

You are a part of the problem. You continue to allow this to happen! You encourage this!

Until society starts holding the abusers and murderers of disabled childen to the same standards as they would the abusers and murderers of nondisabled children... nothing will change.

Until society stands up and makes a loud noise, demanding that  real justice be served and disabled people seen as real people... nothing will change.

Stop having compassion for these parents who murder.. they are not parents.. they are murderers.

I am tired of autistic kids dying at the hands of those who are supposed to love and protect them.

Image Description: Red faded background, with wrinkled paper texture. Text reads:

Can you imagine telling your child: "I understand why people kill children like you?" No? Well, that's exactly what you're doing each and every time you have "understanding" for murderers of the Disabled. -Kimberly Faith #WalkinIssysShoes #IamNOTkellistapleto
n




2 comments:

  1. Great post. I'm so sick of this happening over and over again. What is it going to take to change things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so angry right now. As a mother of an 8 year old autistic son, this hit home on so many emotional levels. No sympathy.... none! God help me but no

    ReplyDelete