Thursday, February 13, 2014

#LoveNotFear When words fail, Music speaks





A lot of my feelings and emotions are expressed through music, especially when writing fails me. Not my own music, but others' and specifically music lyrics. 

I attempted to write 3 times on the #lovenotfear topic and the right words eluded me. 

So,I thought this would be a perfect time to share with others my way of expression, connection and special interest, while also promoting the #lovenotfear theme :) 





A Fine Frenzy's "Minnow and the Trout" speaks multitudes about how I feel. People are so scared of different, they fear it. Please don't fear difference.


"And I said, Please, I know that we're different
We were one cell in the sea in the beginning
And what we're made of was all the same once

We're not that different after all"










Bob Marley's "3 Little Birds" is one of my favorites as well. I think people over think and get scared. Or they are overwhelmed with fearful messages which leads to them being fearful too. 

There just are not enough positive messages out there in circulation to drown out the fearful ones. But, that message is out there. 
One of my hopes with the Boycott is that it will help get more positive messages out there about autism. 



"Don't Worry about a thing, cuz every little thing gonna be alright"





AWOLnation's "Kill your Heroes" because it pretty much says (to me) that we should kill those preconceived expectations so we can grow and we are not what others are, we are who we are. Oh and this:


 "Never let your fear decide your fate"





And how can I forget Imagine? Lennon sings "I hope some day you'll join us and the world will live as one" 

I believe once fear is put aside this will be possible, for people of all differences and neurologies to love and accept one another.

 "You may say I'm a dreamer" 






And if you're still set on being fearful and pushing your children to be normal instead of loving them for exactly who they are... Then this is the is the message you are sending:

Perfect by Alanis Morissette 

'We'll love you just the way you are, if you're perfect"




3 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Beautiful choices. Three Little Birds has long been "our song" over here.

    These are the words that popped into my head when I began reading:

    One love, one heart
    Let's get together and feel all right

    ~Bob Marley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my "fighting" song by my favorite band "Can't Keep Johnny Down" by They Might Be Giants. In this scenario, I am Johnny. haha! <3 your post too. Music is such a helpful way for me to deal with my feels!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzhKvCk3OMI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lei! Our "fight" song is "Uprising" by Muse :) I love yours!!!

      Delete